Howdy Guys and Gals
This is my first official Packing List post on Pie On the Trail. I’ve always found it helpful when planning for a trip to look at what other people take with them on their adventures so I thought it’s about time I did a list of my own. I plan on making packing lists a recurring thing on the blog so I’m developing a standard template to follow when planning an upcoming trip.
Details of the trip
One week trip to Singapore and the surrounding areas with my girlfriend and her family. We will be spending a few days in the city sightseeing and the remainder of the trip will be spent at a beachside resort.
We are visiting in the rainy season so we need to be prepared for lots of rain and temperatures around 26 celsius/ 80 fahrenheit.
Gear Requirements for the trip
The trip is only one week long so I don’t need to bring very much with me, we will be moving around a fair bit when we arrive so I want to keep everything lightweight and take hand luggage only.
Given that the first few days will be spent in Singapore sightseeing then I’ll want to have comfortable practical clothes to walk around the city during the day, it could be very hot and humid so I’ll want to bring clothes that keep me cool. There’s also a pretty high chance of rain so i’ll want some kind of rain protection and also clothing that dries quickly. I’m going to want to bring my camera and accessories to capture the sights and sounds of Singapore.
In the evenings we will be going out to restaurants to try some of the local cuisine so I’ll want some smart casual clothing.
The second part of the trip should be more chilled and hopefully spent laying on the beach in the sunshine, therefore I’ll want comfy beach attire and possibly some workout clothes.
Flight time from Helsinki to Singapore is around 12 hours so i’ll want to bring along some kind of entertainment for the flight and for quiet days on the beach.
Based on the above considerations lets dive into what I’m taking on the trip
- Bedrock Sandals “Syncline” – These will be what I spend most of the time wearing whilst exploring during the day
- Vans Era All Black – My favourite shoes of all time, they go with everything and are extremely comfortable, I’ll be using them mainly for going out in the evenings
- Marmot Rain jacket
- Underwear x3 – All wick sweat well and dry quickly
- Socks x2 – One Long, One Short
- T-Shirts x3
- Casual Checkered Shirt
- Smart Shirt
- Ripcurl Mirage Board Shorts/Workout Shorts – These shorts dry in seconds, use a flexible material and look smart making them perfect for travel
- Basic Khaki Shorts
- Levi’s 541 Black Jeans
Electronics And Camera Gear
- Panasonic Lumix G7 and Charger (not pictured)
- Apple Mac Book Pro and Neoprene case
- Verbatim 1TB Hard Drive
- Kindle Paperwhite
- DB Power Action Camera and accessories
- Skross USB Travel Adapter
- Skross Plug adapter
- Lightning Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- X-Mini Speaker
- Headphone Splitter
- Adapter for using your own headphones on a plane
- iPhone 6 with Life Proof case
- Mini tripod and clamp for iPhone 6
All the items are below 100ml so I can bring them in my carry-on.
- Hair Stuff
- Toothbrush and Paste
- Floss Stick
- Ziploc Bag
- EDC Kit in Eagle Creek Quarter Cube – Ear Plugs, Eye Mask, Anker External Battery, Emergency Kit, Spare AA and AAA Batteries, Ibuprofen, Headphones, USB Stick
- Pocket EDC – Keys, Zpacks Wallet, Streamlight Stylus Pro, Burts Bees Chapstick, iPhone 6
- Life venture Travel Money Belt with Passport etc
- Wabooba Flyer – This makes for a lot of fun on the beach with friends
- Cheap Sunglasses
- Adventure Bike Rider Magazine – Great Reading
- Klean Canteen Water Bottle – Try to always have a water bottle with me, preferably stainless steel
Once I have a rough idea of what and how much clothing I need I can make a decision on the type of luggage I will take. For this trip I have decided to take my Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45 as my carry on bag and possibly my Maxpedition Fatboy GTG as my personal item. This should provide me with ample packing space but also force me not to bring too much stuff. I also want to use the Aeronaut as some final testing for my the upcoming review.
- Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45 – Stay tuned for the upcoming Review
- Tom Bihn Packing Cube Backpack – Click Here to go the review
- Tom Bihn Travel Laundry Stuff Sack – Stay tuned for the upcoming Review
- Maxpedition Fatboy GTG – Stay tuned for the upcoming Review
Thanks for stopping by, PIE